Monday, August 10, 2009

I've had my locks for 6 months!

And it has gone through some changes. It's like I just woke up one day with a different head of hair. I started this post a few weeks ago and my locks will actually be 7 months old on the 29th







From Day 1 to 2 months to 6 months. I am amazed at how much my hair has filled in.


I am not completely happy with things because I feel my consultant hasn't repaired many of the gaps in my locks that should have been repaired long ago. I have a bunch that I can stick one or two fingers through and they are very settled at the roots and ends. I am taking the retightening class soon and her reservation that the retightening class doesn't teach repairs. She started pointing at areas that needed repairs (after my retightening), and I was wondering why she hadn't already repaired them. There are also locks that had unravelled and were never fixed, some 3 inches worth. I braid some-the ones that were about 1 1/2 inches and interlocked the ones that had unravelled 2-4 inches until I had no more space. The rest of the lock was so settled, I didn't want to start the whole lock over. I had been trusting her with my hair and not examining every strand as I started off doing. Since she isn't repairing much, I feel I can take some of the knowledge I have gained from repairing my daughters interlocks and apply it to my own hair, take the class and become a DIYer

Besides the gaps and ignored unravelling, I am pretty content with how they are coming along. I do like my consultant even though I have a few complaints.

No comments:

Post a Comment