Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Weight Loss

I let myself get severely depressed and during this time, I became very sedentary and I was a bottomless pit when it came to eating food. This caused health problems for me. My back hurt a lot. I couldn't walk without breathing hard, i was having insulin resistance, and my cholesterol was high. These were all problems that I hadn't had before. I was not even 5 feet tall, yet just a few pounds shy of 200. I hated the way I looked, but didn't even know where to begin. I knew I had to lose at least 60 pounds to feel normal again. What finally motivated me to lose the weight was the doctor prescribing me medicine for cholesterol. I got the script filled, then read the paperwork that came along with it. I told myself, I wouldn't need the medicine if I would just lose weight. I threw the medicine away and began my diet. I did indeed lose 60 pounds and I feel great now. I can run/jog again, my cholesterol went from 291 to 172, my blood sugar is lower, and my self esteem is better. These before pictures are embarrassing to post, but maybe it will motivate someone else going through the same issues. I still need to lose a few more, but I am very pleased with my results thus far.

The first pair of pictures are from December.




The next picture is the difference in pants size from December to May. I lost 9 inches in my waist.



The next pair of pictures are from August. I reached this size in May. My goal from May to August was to maintain and tone up, which I have been doing. I will probably begin trying to lose again next month.


4 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS....Your weight loss is very commendable. I wish I had that type of will power. Oh, love the hair also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just made me cry.

    I am trying so hard to drop some pounds and see someone really do it is wonderful. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your weight loss! I love how you came to this point; choosing between medication or lifestyle change. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!!! cONGRATS Sis! I need your motivation! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete