Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Growth

I am bad about beginning a post and never finishing. This post is from 1/I3/2010.

I look at my daughter's hair and I'm saying, "Your hair has grown so much. Mine isn't growing." Of course this isn't true because I always have new growth and the days of slippage are over. For some reason, her hair hasn't swollen yet and her growth is very noticeable.

Then there is my hair. It has thickened up more than I thought it would. I still (and always will) have scalp showing. Yeah, I was pouting that  my hair was longer when I initially had the locks installed. I tell myself, "This is crazy!" I examine a lock that was combined on my second re-tightening. It's still two-headed, so I measure it. Exactly three inches. So I'm wondering why isn't my growth as noticeable as my daughter's?

Of  course I know we are different, have different hair textures, etc., but that didn't stop me from moping.

My hair seems farther along the locking process than hers which is surprising because I had slippage and unraveling an she didn't. Also, my hair is fine and soft. She didn't have the  curly-qs which she absolutely adored, but I hated. I do wash my hair more than I wash hers.


A collage of her. She has major shrinkage.


It took looking at pictures to realize how sillyI was being. First of all, those little curly-qs sometimes account for 1-1.5 inches of hair. Second, my hair is healthy. Third, my hair has made wonderful changes and has noticeable growth.




No comments:

Post a Comment